Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blue Cheese - Cottage Cheese Molds




For my third entry in my Season of Jellied Things theme, I present to you Blue Cheese - Cottage Cheese Molds!  Now, I love blue cheese.  And when I say I love blue cheese, I mean it in a so-why-don't-you-marry-blue-cheese sort of way.  Except I'm already married to a human guy, and I haven't quite figured out how a cheese/lady/guy style of polyandry would work.   

Now where was I?  Oh yes... I love blue cheese, but I realize that many of you folks out there get violently ill at the very thought of it.  My response to this is usually an emphatic, "Haters gonna hate," but since the recipes in this blog are meant to gross people out a bit, I think I'll use your misguided blue cheese hatred to my advantage.

This recipe is essentially lemon gelatin with a mixture of cottage cheese, blue cheese, and mayonnaise blended into it.  My objection to this dish isn't about the unsettling wobbly, lumpy, yellowness of it.  My objection to this dish isn't even about the combination of lemon and blue cheese; I think these flavours could totally work together in an agreeable sort of way under the right conditions.  My objection with this dish is due to its woeful misappropriation of my blue cheese supply! 

There is nowhere near enough blue cheese in this recipe.  What kind of recipe promises me the strong, full-bodied delights of blue cheese and delivers this sissy-pants excuse for a jelly-thing instead?  Go big or go home, my friends!

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some blue cheese in the fridge that's calling my name.  If I can't find a way to marry it, I'm damn well going to live in sin with it.



Blue Cheese - Cottage Cheese Molds
1 package lemon-flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1/3 cup blue cheese

Dissolve gelatin in hot water.  Add cold water. Chill until of a jelly-like consistency.  Beat with a rotary beater until frothy.  Add mayonnaise, cottage cheese, and blue cheese and mix well.  Pour into individual molds which have been oiled or dipped in clod water.  Makes 8 individual molds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment